Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

From the Sublime to the Ridiculous: leaving again so soon?!?






It seems I am off the grid more than I thought.  Huh.  What a journey of self-discovery this blog has been!!

Leaving town again today, but for very different reasons.  And God knows, to different places.  Wishing all my trips were as posh as Portugal, but sadly the menu for the week is far less glamorous:

Grand Rapids, MI
Sioux City, IA
Huron, SD
Fairmount, SD

Yeehaw?  Gulp, I'd say.  Not ready for celebration yet--my suitcase is not really unpacked from the other trip, but no matter...


Luckily, the trip SHOULD be fun.  Helping out with the Spectrum Brass Quintet and doing a few concerts playing some pretty fun-looking stuff with GREAT players.  


So by way of explanation (and warning!), people seemed to enjoy reading the blog about the Portugal trip, which made me feel very good.   Thank you!  :D  There has been a murmur of interest in hearing about my other shenanigans and other trips that DO happen.  Despite my awesome and cushy job in the Pit at Mary Poppins, my horn takes me around a bit from time to time playing other interesting things with interesting people.  And sometimes not so interesting things with less than interesting people as the case may be...but I won't blog about them.

So there you have it.  There will be more postings, so if you are concerned about inbox clutter...unsubscribe NOW!  No hard feelings.  But you won't come to the wedding (hope that's ok!).   Just kidding.  This is just  a way for me to chronicle things as they actually happen, and hopefully with visual proof--sometimes the stories afterwards are just unbelievable.  Or they lose something in the translation. Ah, the wonders of the Internet.  Nothing will ever again be lost in translation.  As if.

We'll see what we see.  But don't expect pictures of palm trees, because there won't be any.  Probably a Waffle House or John Deere distributor. Or a NASCAR arena.  Oh my God, I better not see one of those, I might vomit.  'Merica!!

Onward....


1 comment: